3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Strange Electrical Probelm?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 PM
ruffneck2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Electrical Probelm?

Need some helpon a strange problem,

I was taking out my old CD Recevier Deck and forgot to unhook the Neg termial from the battery, when i was pulling a cord from the back of the deck under the stearming colum (fro a gps) the 2 cabin lights suddenly went out and the power quit to everything, i thought i might have blown of fuse or something, but they all look fine so here is the problem

Now the wireless key fob to unlock the doors and lock them does not respond anymore, the cabin lights do not turn on when i press them, NOW when i insert the key and turn it justbefore start, everything turns on and works except the radio, no power to it, ALSO there is a small red light that will come on for 1/2 sec before the truck starts??

Did i trip some kind of security feature that kills all power so the truck cannot be hot wired etc?

Please let me knowif you need clarification i really need this problem to go away not having a radio really sucks!!

thank you lots!

Old 02-04-2008, 12:24 AM
ruffneck2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Strange Electrical Probelm?

Should have added that it is a 2004 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 5.7 Hemi, thanx in advance

Quick Reply: Strange Electrical Probelm?