3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headers and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:56 AM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers and warranty

I was thinking about buying some headers for my 06 qc 4x4 4.7, will this void my warranty?

Also any thoughts on what to buy? Not wanting to do the whole exhaust yet, just headers.

Thanks for any advice, and don't say should have bought a hemi. I got my dodge at great price 24k (new 18 total miles). Power seats, lonestar package, 20 inch wheels, tow package so it was either that or 5 grand more for the same plus a hemi.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:56 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headers and warranty

I'm guessing you want long tube headers....that'll void your whole exhaust warranty including the cats. If you have valvetrain problems down the road i'm sure they'll blame it on the headers also. I wouldn't be surprised if they voided the cat warranty with shorties also...but the gain is minimal with shorties so they're not even worth the money, time or hassle IMO.

Quick Reply: Headers and warranty