3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Has anybody used these headlights???

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:34 PM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 02-17-2008, 07:37 PM
CRMRAM
Veteran
Default RE: Has anybody used these headlights???

I hav enot personally used them but I know people that have purchased them and regreted getting them.I hear they are very hard to adjust.
My personal thought on them is the projector just looks too small for the size of your trucks.And the light output aint really the greatest unless you run an HID kit with it.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:41 PM
RamItOne

Yeah light output was what i was worried about, currently i have silverstars for my headlights and fogs, pretty damn bright for not having any external lights. I was hoping the LED would be bright (they can be, have a maglight with their new $20 bulb and its bright as hell)

i cant find a company website for it either

Old 02-17-2008, 07:57 PM
CRMRAM
Veteran

One question, do you want them for the black houseing? or because of the looks? I dunno about that LED strip either.I hear it is just on when you have your lights on.I thought it would work for the signal or something,i think it could be do able but I dunno

Old 02-17-2008, 08:02 PM
mmstar23
Champion

i just put in my projectors the other day, and installed all the wiring to the projectors and LED's. the halos and LEDs are not that bright though. I just have the normal halogen bulbs in but i ordered some HID bulbs, not an HID kit, but theyre bulbs that i had in my factory headlights and i was pretty happy with them for the price. so im getting them again, but the bulb size for the projectors. they do need some adjusting and i was waiting for my bulbs to come in so i can do that next weekend. theres bolts on the back that adjust them, and i think its going to take a while. if you PM your email address i can send you some pics. also my headlights are made by the brand SONAR, and you can buy them directly from MYTIGHTRIDE.COM i bought mine from ebay bc they were a lot cheaper, but you can get them fom there. and the headlight says not HID compatible, but i know guys that have them in there, so i dont know. its suppose to burn the lens bc the bulb is so long, but like i said i know people with HIDs in their projectors

Old 02-17-2008, 08:32 PM
RamItOne

Just mainly for the looks, I pretty much like the way the front end looks, but ive been wanting to do somthing to my truck, everything i think of will void some part of my warranty (headers, cat, even a lift i know ill get the runaround from dodge)

Old 02-17-2008, 09:28 PM
CRMRAM
Veteran

If you get the Nightunner headlights the dealership will cover those in your warranty because it is a mopar part.If you put something that is mopar on your vehicle it will be covered.

Quick Reply: Has anybody used these headlights???