3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

why to drive a ram (2nd crash in my truck)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 02:36 AM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: why to drive a ram (2nd crash in my truck)

Damn man, that sucks, glad to hear you're ok. You can't beat a truck for crash survival, built too tough. I had a Prius find out my tow hitch was, in fact, not a bumper. Sucked for him, not a scratch on my Ram.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:11 AM
kpreston
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeh man i agree with everyone. Your lucky you weren't in the ambulance. Yeh my dad has worked in an automotive shop for over 25 years and is now the head man over damage reports. I sent him a pic of your truck and he recommended you start looking for a new one. Sorry about your truck. Oh yeh if this is a recurring thing, you might want to think of getting your next truck made of the same materials as the "no dent" bumpers that just pop out like my wifes sebring. I nailed a deer at around 80 mph on the highway and it caved the right front in, and i watched it pop out when i stopped to see the damage. If that would have been my truck, the front end would have fallen off probably. Good luck man, and watch out for the crazy drivers. Be careful next year.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:31 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yea, here in Fl. you can count on two and sometimes three cars gunning the gas to make it when your light turns green at an intersection. I always pause to look before proceeding if I'm the first one at the light. Looks like you may have some frame damage this time, I hope the insurance gets you intoa nice new RAM...

Old 02-18-2008, 10:47 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, glad to hear your ok man.....i always knew there was a reason i drove a Ram for reason other then immediately known and this is deffinitly one of them......really sucks about your truck but from the pic it looks as though you might be looking for a new one

Old 02-18-2008, 12:42 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

Yea, here in Fl. you can count on two and sometimes three cars gunning the gas to make it when your light turns green at an intersection. I always pause to look before proceeding if I'm the first one at the light. Looks like you may have some frame damage this time, I hope the insurance gets you intoa nice new RAM...
Man, youare correct there! My theory is Floridians run so many red lights is because we waste so much time stopped at the green ones.

Quick Reply: why to drive a ram (2nd crash in my truck)