3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2003 ram problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 12:26 AM
irelandshemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 ram problems

I was driving home from upnorth this weekend a 4 hour drive and my check engine light and i belive throttle light two bars with a lightening bold in between came on, about three house into the drive, this is the second time this has happened same extact situation comming home from upnorth everything only last time i just pulled off the road turned my truck off and then turned it back on and the lights werent there, this time i turned it off and when i turned it back on just the check engine light came on and it didnt go off for the rest of the way home, any ideas what the problem could be would be greatly appreciated

Old 02-18-2008, 08:19 AM
tafet
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2003 ram problems

I haven't had any problems like you've described with my ram. Since it looks like it left a hard code you could try taking it to an autozone or advanced auto parts they will usually pull computer codes free of charge. Since the truck continued to drive fine with the check engine lite on, I'd guess that it's probably some random sensor thats crapping out. I don't know how true this is, but I've been told before that if something major goes wrong with a vehical the computer will limit what the vehicalto about 35 mph.

Quick Reply: 2003 ram problems