3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

flashing check engine light and lighting bolt

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 03:15 PM
hoss67
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
There is a reason this thread is dead. You DO realize it is over 2 yrs old right?
i was like who are these members, never seen them before and they had mass posts lol now i know why

Old 05-25-2019, 02:29 PM
Taylor86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightning bolt fix

Mine did it a few months ago would spin over buy not crank, cleaned the electronic throttle control module and ran fine, then yesterday did something similar would spin over for a few then crank but ran rough and couldn’t give it any gas, so bought new electronic throttle control module, didn’t fix it, was the oil sensor unit, easier way to check that is to unplug it and if it starts and runs fine then that’s your problem.

Originally Posted by pottsy87
that light came on for me as well, i used the key on off trick.
got P2175(throttle actuator control sys - low airflow detected)and
P2106(throttle actuator control sys - forced limited power)

i found what the codes meant by doing a google search and came across this site www.obd-codes.com search their forums and you should be able to find somethin.

Quick Reply: flashing check engine light and lighting bolt