3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leveling Kit Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:14 PM
daehimeh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling Kit Confusion

Hey everyone, i have been reading the forums for a while, and trying to decide what to do as far as lifting my truck. I decided i wanted to go with a 2" leveling kit. When i made the decision i started doing research, but have found many conflicting opinions. For insance: i read somewhere that the leveling kit for a 4x4 and a 4x2 are the same if you use the spacer. Elsewhere i read that they are not the same. Then i had a hard time finding and kits that fit a 2007 mega cab 4x2 2500. they are all for 1500's or 4x4s. the only one i really found was the fat bobs http://www.fatbobsgarage.com/cart/pr...07-17-170.html. Only thing is it is so cheap i am wondering what is missing... is it going to kill my ride? or am i going to need more parts that are just sold seperately? sorry if this is kinda rambling.... had a lot of questions. Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Leveling Kit Confusion

It's made from plastic, that's why it's cheap. It's build to last to the end of the driveway and not much further.

I am not saying this link will for sure fit your truck but it's a start:
http://www.koreperformance.com/info/...00-megacab.htm

Old 02-23-2008, 01:02 AM
daehimeh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Leveling Kit Confusion

WOW... i love what i see. the only thing i see there is it seems to present the same problem i have had since day 1. everything seems to be for 4x4, and i dont know if it is universal or if there is a completely different spring setup in front. thanks for the link though... awesome stuff!

Quick Reply: Leveling Kit Confusion