3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oil Preasure Guage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 06:15 AM
masshole
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Preasure Guage?

Hey everyone,

Well, once again, my Oil Preasure Guage is going haywire! Before, at 16k my T-Stat went along with the sensor for the oil preasure. So, I'm hoping this will be the last time I take her in for this problem!!! I have 26k on her now. The guage is within normal range but, flexing between normal center a quarter each way and has me nervous.

Well, in the mean time I'll search to see if this is a common problem.. Sorry if this has been covered before, just a little irrate today and needed to shout-out!

Thanks...

Old 02-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Baddog543
Veteran
Default RE: Oil Preasure Guage?

Be sure to have the oil sending unit checked. I just had mine replaced 3 weeks ago. When the truck was warm I would stop at a light and mine would drop to zero. They do have a diagnostic to check the gauges to, put your key in the ignition and hole the odometer reset button and then turn the key to the on position but do not start. This will run the gauges and instrument cluster lights into a diagnostic mode. Where the odometer display is it will flash codes, if you write these most Dodge service dealers will be able to tell what the codes mean.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:33 AM
masshole
Professional

Cool, I will check that out. I'm getting ready to head off to the dealer soon. Time to grab a book and some snack's for the boring wait! Will update when I get back.

Thanks...

Old 02-25-2008, 03:47 PM
masshole
Professional

Well, back from the dealer and I have an appointment set-up for thursday. This is going to be the second time getting this fixed.. I sometimes wonder if these guy's get paid to give you an excuse? I told him that the needle flexed into the red-zone and he told me that is normal, maybe for your truck but not mine! I don't get that b/s with my truck and I understand if it's within normal range, but, mine wasn't on the way there! I would stop, the needle would drop into the higher end of the red and creep back up and when I took off, it would flex a quater past mid-range...

Now, what I'm use to is: When I start the truck up the needle climbs as it's building preasure. Second, when I put it into gear and go the needle stays at mid-range and doesn't move; weather or not I stop or go. It might move slightly, but not like my windshield wipers on a rainy day!

I might be overreacting to some, but, this doesn't seem normal to me. This isn't my first truck or car. Any advice???

Thanks.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Baddog543
Veteran

Believe me that is not normal, it sounds like they are feed you a line of BS for sure. If thats normal then there would be a lot more complaints about this.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:07 PM
masshole
Professional

That's what I thought. I'm having it serviced on thursday for the problem. I hate when they try diagnosing the problem without looking at the truck, it's like Cereal with no milk; just doesn't work!

Sometimes I feel like the only way to get things done right, is to do it yourself! If I didn't have this warrantee, that's exactly what I would be doing. Just need to buy a darn book on this model, before my warrantee runs out..sigh!

Quick Reply: Oil Preasure Guage?