3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 10:43 PM
EspoMan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!

Hey guys a while ago I posted a problem that I had with my truck were my interior lights did not work, the dashboard lights, rear bed light, interior lights etc did not work. I took it to the dealership and they said that fuse #18 was blown and everything worked fine. A couple of days later my interior lights would only work if I used the slider to turn them on but if I pressed them on manually it wouldnt work. Now I have the same problem again, None of my lights work! Not even my dashboard, im going to take it to the dealership but what do u guys think is causing the fuse to keep burning? I have nothing plugged in to my truck. Also a couple of weeks ago I had my truck parked outside and I was listening to my music, after a while the power cut off, I guess to conserve power, but when I turned on my headlights i heard like a burning noise coming from the right side dash. What the heck is going on?

Here is the message I posted before:

Well guys im having a problem with my brand new truck. When I first purchased the truck I took it home and when it was dark I noticed that none of the interior lights were working. The dash lights did not work, the vanity lights, the dome lights, push on lights, nor did the bed light work. I took it to the dealership and they fixed it. They claimed it was a burned fuse. Ok. Another problem I am having. Sometimes my interior lights will not work the way they are supposed to work. For instance, my vanity lights will sometimes not work, and when I try to turn on the interior lights manually (by pushing them on) it will not work. When I have this problem, the only way to get the interior lights to work is if I use the master switch (dimmer switch) and put it in the 2nd up position. But even then, my vanity lights still don’t work. Now, lets say I turn the truck off and come back later and turn it back on sometimes everything works the way its supposed to work, even the vanity lights. Any idea what this could be? I found a similar thread on here from another member but I don’t know what his fix was or if he even had it fixed. I just don’t understand how it can sometimes work and sometimes not work. Even my friend, who has an 05 ram was baffled!. https://dodgeforum.com/m_829930/tm.htm Thanks.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:55 PM
EspoMan
Professional
Default RE: Please help!

UPDATE: Hey guys I just checked fuse #35 (CCN illumination fuse) and it was burned, I changed it and the lights worked again! But, when I turned on the lights for the first time everything DIMED really bad and I heard a burning noise again on the ride side of the dash. What the heck is going on? I also noticed that I have a fuse on #37 but its supposed to be for turbo diesel only? Please help guys because the dealership are not that helpful when I called them. I also noticed that I am supposed to have a glove box light according to my window sticker and that light has never worked. I dont even know if it has the light! Is the glove box light somewhat hidden? Cuz I dont see one.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 AM
EspoMan
Professional

Can anyone help?

Old 02-27-2008, 09:05 AM
VA4MEDS
Veteran

Run it right back to the dealer and tell them the same thing that you posted.

You definitely have a recurring problem.

Make sure your Fire Insurance is paid up. LOL.

Speed Safely,
AL

Old 02-27-2008, 09:28 AM
EspoMan
Professional

ORIGINAL: VA4MEDS

Run it right back to the dealer and tell them the same thing that you posted.

You definitely have a recurring problem.

Make sure your Fire Insurance is paid up. LOL.

Speed Safely,
AL

yeah no doubt! LOL

Old 02-27-2008, 09:30 AM
EspoMan
Professional

Where is the ECU located? (is that what its called?)

Old 02-27-2008, 09:27 PM
VA4MEDS
Veteran

My '06is located on the firewall on the passenger side.

Yours should be the same.

Speed Safely,
AL