3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Suspension set up - what's best??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 04:38 AM
cimcon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension set up - what's best??

Okay, I am looking to lower my truck. I am a lifted truck guy so I don’t know anything but what I have read. It’s an 07’ HEMI like probably everyone else’s on here who got a screaming deal. I am thinking in terms of a 2/4 drop. Is it best to do an axle flip? Or will shackles work well? I was considering an Eibach kit for 589.99 on www.autopartswarehouse.com with coils in front and bilsteins all the way around. I would like to go for handling. Any suggestions?

Old 02-28-2008, 09:51 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Suspension set up - what's best??

Shackles would work if your only looking for at most a 2" drop in the rear....my truck is lowered 2/4 and my kit is a McGaughy's (which i believe theres a couple other guys around here with the same kit). To lower your truck, you'll have to flip the axle for sure. The McGaughy's kit came with springs, rear flip kit, and shock extenders (which i didn't use). It cost me about $380 to have it shipped to my door and I installed it that next day in my driveway. Only bad thing about the kit that i dont like is that it doesn't come with shocks (wasn't a huge deal cause i got 4 Belltech Nitro Drop shocks for $140). You will also want to look at buying new front spindles to bring the front end back to where it should be cause otherwise the front end is gonna be wacked and wear stuff out faster (i've seen spindles for about $500 total, www.slammed1suspension.com, they have em on there just can't remember how much).

Personally, i think my truck handles extremely well after I lowered it...might also look at buying a rear sway bar to help with the handling. There are a few other issues that could be addressed but those can be answeredlater if need be lol.

Quick Reply: Suspension set up - what's best??