3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Add amps with stock amps.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Sargento
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add amps with stock amps.

Here is something i did to get full range signal from my infinity amplifier. Before all this I first bought one those CHYAA interface so i could hook up two of my amps and keep my stock amp,it worked great for a week then i lost control of all audio output of my amps, no volume, fader, etc..amp on at full volume!! where i bought it online (Discount audio stereo) will not replace the items on vehicles installed outside the U.S., it was diagnosed as a burnt digital controller, $80.00 + another $100.00 for shipping and customs fee (Retired U.S. Air Force living in Mexico). With the canbus radio you cannot hook up LOC directly off the radio. You will also have no audio control to the LOC.
So i hooked up an LOC to the left side tapping off the front door speaker which has the low bass signal and tapped into the rear door speaker which has the mids and highs (all on the left side from the kick panel) then from the LOC used a Y splitter (really i am merging the signal together to one RCA output for that side). Do the same to the right side with another LOC. From there i went to an equalizer (Clarion eqs746) and now i have volume control over my sub amp and a fader for another 4 channel amp for rear and front speakers from the eq., Ihave been using it for a week with no problems my sub thumps and my door speakers seems to reporduce highs and lows to ear piercing levels. (for my Taste)
When i did this i thought maybe i will short out the LOC or worse my infinity amp (then i am forced to upgrade to new head unit)nope all works great (really i like how my stock RAQradio sounds. My setup is:
3 dash tweeter and another pair of tweeters installed on my pillers behind the front seats running off my infinity amp. An 8" pioneer slim sub woofer with a .25 enclosure under my seat powering it is an MTX Road Thunder RTP202 and for my 4 door speaker was replaced with pioneer premier series speakers powered by another MTX Road thunder RTP404. Both amps are small and fits nicely under the rear seats and does not interfere with my storage space.

08 Silver Quad 2500
Corona powered

Quick Reply: Add amps with stock amps.