3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Purchasing QTP Electric Cutout- Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 06:47 PM
nemesisprogram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasing QTP Electric Cutout- Need Advice

I am going to go with the QTP Electric Cutout for my Ram. I have some questions ....

1) Should I go with the install behind the cat or in front?
A new sensor is required from behind correct?
how I can purchase this sensor ?

2) I found just the unit on ebay for $160 with controller but comes withought the stainless steal exhaust valve. Also found it with the valve for $200 on ebay. Would it be cheaper to just buy the $160 package and have a muffler shop do it cheaper? Becuase my exhasut isent even stainless steal so? Do I really need the valve with this order?

3) If I go behind the cat I will need a 3" right? and front of it 2.5"....Please correct me if I am wrong. I dont know too much about the ram yet.

4) Are the hp gains real? I heard 20hp

5) how much would a local shop run me to install?

Thanks

Old 03-07-2008, 09:36 PM
nemesisprogram
Veteran
Default RE: Purchasing QTP Electric Cutout- Need Advice

bump

Old 03-08-2008, 02:58 AM
djr04
All Star

i went with DMH for the 4 year replacement warranty. Mine's after the y, no sensors required. it was 200 bucks shipped with the pipe, cutout, and seal. you can plan on about 10 hp after the y or 13-15 if you have one right after each header and before the cats. It cost me 35 or 40 bucks to get the pipe welded in, and the wiring was simple. If you search for electric cutout you could probably find my install post. hope this helps

Old 03-08-2008, 10:50 AM
codiac
Professional

I purchased the QTP 3" cutout w/ stainless Y from eBay for 200, had it and a 50 series welded on locally for 100 bucks. I left the rear resonator, slightly louder than stock and good tone @ wide open w/ the 50 HD, and then loud w/ the QTP open, just what I wanted.

Had them weld the cutout in right after the Yand wired it into the blank spot next to my heated seat button. Drilled a 1/2" hole, which is right about as big as the blank and you're set. I would've preferred the power pedal location to the left of the driver, but it's got that option, and there didn't look like much extra room over there behind the panel. Down low below the cup holder would be an option as well, as that panel comes straight out.

Cody

Old 03-08-2008, 12:43 PM
nemesisprogram
Veteran

cool thanks guys

Quick Reply: Purchasing QTP Electric Cutout- Need Advice