3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

LED bars

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:57 AM
dwoods
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LED bars

i got one of these and i like it.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...002923/c-10101
but there are a few more bars here
http://www.jcwhitney.com/Light-Bars/...n_dim_search=1

Old 03-11-2008, 03:17 PM
red06RAM
All Star

If your truck has the plastic trim ring around the spare tire access, remove it. Then you can mount the bar low enough to clear the tailgate and you can still access the spare tire.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Redram05baby

AZ2500 - If You Pop Out That Plasic Trim Before You Mount It - It Will Give You More Room...

Not That It Really Was Needed On Mine.. I Can't Use My Spare With The 35's

Look At That Mopar - I Was Crabby and Helpful All In One Thread(Less Crabby Today LoL)

Old 03-11-2008, 07:54 PM
mopar74
Professional

You talkin' to me?

As yo said before, yeah I'm one of those glass half full guys.

You've done a lot for the DF in your down time. Hopefully work picks up for you soon. And stay away from that FNG across the road. Have you seen him since?

Thanks.

mopar74

Old 03-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Az2500Cummins08

ORIGINAL: Redram05baby

AZ2500 - If You Pop Out That Plasic Trim Before You Mount It - It Will Give You More Room...

Not That It Really Was Needed On Mine.. I Can't Use My Spare With The 35's

Look At That Mopar - I Was Crabby and Helpful All In One Thread(Less Crabby Today LoL)
Oh, duh. Deedeedee! I will fix that tomorrow. Question, will the Recon Smoked tail lights item #264171BK fit on my truck without any modification or additions? Someone from your website told me they would fit but I needed marine grade weather stripping because there was a big gap. What is that all about?

Old 03-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Redram05baby

ORIGINAL: mopar74

You talkin' to me?

As yo said before, yeah I'm one of those glass half full guys.

You've done a lot for the DF in your down time. Hopefully work picks up for you soon. And stay away from that FNG across the road. Have you seen him since?

Thanks.

mopar74
You Talkin' About That Guy Bashing DF? Looking For Another Technical Savvy Forum? I Don't Think So, I Think We Set Him Straight...

You Said It My Friend - This Is Getting Depressing. My Supply House Called Me and Asked Whats Up With Business?? No One Is Spending Moey If They Don't Have To... Or Spending Money At All. My Supplier Also Told Me - NO ONE Has Business In The HVAC Industry Round' Here.

Or Any Trade For That Matter - Their Is A Lot of Union Guys Sent Back To The Hall, And Have No Luck For Work.

But Hey - Hopefully This Week I'll Have 4 New DIYS, I Have Them All Done - Now I Just Need To Write Them Up - (Headlamp Painting, Backup Lamps, Bed Rails, And Hood Lamps)

ORIGINAL: Az2500Cummins08

Oh, duh. Deedeedee! I will fix that tomorrow. Question, will the Recon Smoked tail lights item #264171BK fit on my truck without any modification or additions? Someone from your website told me they would fit but I needed marine grade weather stripping because there was a big gap. What is that all about?
I Actually Have Been Druling Over Those Myself.. If You Look At Their "Download" Tab On Their Page, They Have A Write Up On The Newer Dodges - And I Think You Are Right. I Have An 05' So Mine Will Bolt and Snap Right Up. Talk To - Heath, Todd, or Kenny.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:31 AM
abarmby
Champion

Hey Redram05baby.
Sorry about the work situation man. Hope it picks up for you real soon bro'. Been there myself.
Were all tightening our belts over here in the UK with the downturn in the economy, both in the US and UK.
We're having a budget day today over here, where our chancellor sets new taxes and prices etc.
Apparently, cos' of the "green brigade", they're going to target gas guzzlers???
As if we don't pay enough for gas already .......$9.5 a gallon.
I'm dreading today!!
Al.

Quick Reply: LED bars