3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bed Squeaking (submarine sound mounts)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:53 AM
2005cobrakiller
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed Squeaking (submarine sound mounts)

I was on submarines for 5 years in the navy.....one major part about being on a sub is being quiet an undetectable.....by bed is always squeaking...all the fricken time.... there is nothing wrong with it but its annoying.....back on my sub we used these things called sound mounts...pretty much they look like a airbag except that aren't hollow....I called my buddy who is still in he is gonna get me some heavy duty sound mounts.....if they work I will be making some in my machine shop, being as i used to do maintenance on the ones on my sub....if it works out.....i will be making and selling them here on dodge forums I will let you guys know.....i just have to get the measurements right which means i have to romove my bed....I dont think it will be too hard to do.....sound mounts are also shock absorbers so if ur carrying cargo it should help as well....ill let you guys know

Old 03-12-2008, 11:57 AM
2005cobrakiller
Captain
Default RE: Bed Squeaking (submarine sound mounts)

oh just so u guys know how they work.....if you had two walls and wanted to connect them with a sound mount there would be a connecting rod on each side of the sound mount and rubber bushings on the bolts......the connecting rods would go on either side of the sound mount creating a flexing body in between and the vibration and shock would be displaced within the solid rubber body.....id show you guys some pictures...but the construction of U.S. naval sound mounts is classified I believe or at least it was.....anyway it would work

Old 03-12-2008, 03:10 PM
PyRoHAvoC
Professional
Default RE: Bed Squeaking (submarine sound mounts)

nice ... i'd like to see what you come up with

Quick Reply: Bed Squeaking (submarine sound mounts)