3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rancho Quick Lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:46 AM
bonecrusher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancho Quick Lift

Morning all!!! Have somequestions for the guys with the Rancho Quick Lift. And yes I did a search but I havesome specific questions I do not see any answers to.

1. Do you have ESP, Electronic Stability Program, and the Quick lift? If so any issues? I have read in other forums that there are issues and of course I have ESP.

2. How do you like the ride quality?

3. Has it helped with the floating feeling when you hit a bump and get thrown into another lane?

4. How is the CV angle?

Thanks for any answers you can give!!!

Old 03-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Broich
Default RE: Rancho Quick Lift

Answers: #1 don't know.
#2 WAY better than stock.
#3 That was my biggest complaint and reasoning for going quick lift. Bouncy feeling gone. Adjustable to how you want.
#4 don't know. Dealership installed them, because i was complaining about the sketchy bouncing of the front end and how i felt it was unsafe at highway speeds. They were also replacing an axle so they put them in for me at that point. My purchase, their install.

It didn't not completely level the truck, close but not perfect.

D

Old 03-13-2008, 09:22 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't have one myself, but a friend of mine got one for his '06 and the tire store he had order it for him and install it totally screwed up the install. Terrible, harsh ride. He hated it and had it back there once and they told him that's how they are. So I told him I'd look at it before he had it removed for good. I basically had to uninstall and re-install both sides and it fixed his problem. He now not only loves it, but recommends to the point you'd swear he was a Rancho salesman.

Your answers to #2 is "fantastic", #3 is "without a doubt", #4 is "no problem, angle is only slightly increased" for #1 - I have no idea if he has ESP...

Old 03-13-2008, 10:42 PM
TReX5.7
Professional

Shooooot I would vouch for it in my completely unbiased opinion No esp for me, the ride is great, although that was in no way a concern for me, I didn’t buy a truck for smooth luxury ride. But with the adjustable struts, you control the “floatiness†(word of the day). And the CV angle is why I stayed away from the spacers; I didn’t want to add a ton ofstress on the suspension when I do over confident, stupid things and go places a mildly capable truck should not. So more or less, I paid extra for the struts as opposed to the spacers for peace of mind. I'm a happy camper.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:24 AM
bonecrusher

Broich, HammerZ71, TRex5.7,

Thanks guys those are the answers I want to hear! I really want to get rid of the "floatiness", great word of the day BTW TReX5.7, feeling since it can be disconserting at times.

I'm almost sold on this so long as I can get an answer to the ESP question. I sent an email to Rancho yesterday with that exact question so hopefully I can get an answer soon !! [sm=thanx.gif]

Old 03-14-2008, 09:00 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I personally don't see how replacing a strut can be an issue if you have ESP, but you did the correct thing in contacting the manufacturer...

Old 03-17-2008, 07:09 AM
bonecrusher

HammerZ71,

Me either but you know what happens when you read to much on these forums, you start to question everything someone says. So far no answer from Rancho I might have to call them. Thanks again for your assistance ! BTW killer ride !!

Quick Reply: Rancho Quick Lift