3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New grill Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Adrenaline54
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New grill Questions

So some of you might no that i bought a truck fornext to nothing,with a tiny bit of front end damage (cracked grill, Bar holding the bumper on needs replacing, nothing huge) Any who....The grill is cracked and it needs to be replaced, I have an 04 SLT. When i took it in for an estimate, The guy had called dodge and they priced those grills at 600$ Thats a tad bit rediculous seeing how the entire thing is plastic. Is this right? Should i just get an after market one? I really like the way it looks on the truck to so i wanted to stick with that grill, but im open to suggestions and dont wanna toss out 600$ for one.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:10 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New grill Questions

How bad is the crack and where exactly is it? Can grill inserts cover the crack? If the whole grill does need replaced, I would check out ebay. Lots of people are trying to get rid of their stock grill all the time and you might actually find an aftermarket one that you like. They are real easay to repalce as well. Just bolt on.

You might also want to post down in the "Want" section of the forum and see if anyone here is trying to unload one of theirs.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:16 PM
FastFish

Is the grille shell itself cracked or one of the inserts? The support frame that shell bolts onto is ok?
On ebay right now: Shell http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03...QQcmdZViewItem
Upper & lower grille inserts http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-05...QQcmdZViewItem
Get them both shipped to you for $250 or less.
Tons of others if you do a search, I always see used OEM ones for sale aswell so you save even more $$ from people that upgrade to aftermaket billet grilles.
I'd stay away from the stealership [sm=badidea.gif]when ordering parts.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Adrenaline54

all that I need is a new shell

Quick Reply: New grill Questions