3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rattling noise in floor.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:08 PM
TheUsed801
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling noise in floor.

Hey guys, I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500, in pretty good condition. Recently I started hearing an annoying rattling/buzzing noise in my cab (single cab, btw), and for the past month or so I could not figure out what in the hell it is.

Anyways, after going outside determined to find the source of the problem, I pinpointed it to the floorboard right in the middle, where a middle passenger would put their feet. The noise only arises when my RPM's are at about 2100, so I revved up the engine and there it was. Funny thing is, when I put my feet on that part of the floor and rev the engine to 2100, you can't hear it. It's driving me absolutely nuts.

I'm really not crazy about the idea of tearing up my floor to find out what it is, even though I do have the rubber flooring.

Anyone have any clue what this might be?

Old 03-15-2008, 03:56 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Default RE: Rattling noise in floor.

rattlesnakes. j/k.

check under your truck. maybe it's your cat...that's about where it is. if it's wedged between the floor boards and the rubber floors, it wouldnt' exactly be rattling, would it?

Old 03-15-2008, 11:31 AM
TheUsed801
Professional

I thought it might be the cat too, but it doesn't make sense that if I put something heavy on that area of the floor, the noise stops. I'm so lost.[sm=wtf.gif]

Old 03-16-2008, 10:36 AM
TheUsed801
Professional

Problem solved.
Got the rubber floor pulled up and turns out, it was a ****ing nickel sitting down there where the shifter would be if my truck was a manual.

Anyways, shortly after that, I proceeded to remove my cat completely, run 3" pipe back behind the cab, and dump it off down into the ground. Sounds pretty ****ing good.

Quick Reply: Rattling noise in floor.