3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Thinking about buying a HEMI!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:14 AM
fordordodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinking about buying a HEMI!

I just got back from the Dodge dealer! I test drove a red guad cab 08 Big Horn edition! I liked the truck it was really sharp! It rode like a two wheel drive and even with the 20" rims the ride was still surprisingly smooth! The Hemi does have a decent amount of power but compared to my F150 it just doesn't quite have the low end torque! The motor doesn't start to hit it's power until about 4,000 RPM's that's a big draw back to me when pulling a load. The interior was awesome it has a stylish interior yet still tells you that your driving a truck. It has less rear legroom compared to my F150 but since I'll be keeping my F150 it's not a big deal. Overall these are some nice trucks! I didn't even attempt to purchase one cause the sales men were stupid! Neither one owned a Dodge that's a huge draw back! When I asked them both about whether it had a 4 or 5 speed tranny neither one knew! I still plan on purchasing a Hemi but I will be seeking another dealership first! Another thing I didn't like too was that when I questioned the reliability the first thing both salesmen said was "It doesn't really matter cause they have a lifetime powertrain warranty" so what I still wanna know whether or not most of the ownership time is spent in my driveway and not at the dealership getting repaired! I asked the two different salesmen if they knew anyone that has kept a Hemi Ram for a long period of time and their both like well I have a cousin with a Dakota and aunt with a Caravan that has over 90,000 miles on each one, like their reading the crap out of a book! I was impressed with the truck but not with the salesmen.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:55 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

they keeping you away from buying, huh? i hate it when that happens. happened to us. so we moved on to a different dealer who actually knew all of their stuff. good thing youre not the type to jump in and be like "whatever, i really want this thing." so, still ending up getting one or not?

Old 03-17-2008, 03:30 PM
fordordodge

I haven't made my purchase yet. I'm gonna find another local dodge dealer and try again! It's amazing how dealership's can put some retards in an office and try to sell their truck's when they don't have any idea about them! I was really impressed with the truck. I'm not going to try and get the Big Horn edition though i'm not a big fan of 20" rim's. I have a question. Why doesn't Dodge put 4x4 sticker's on the side of their newer model trucks? Not a single one on the lot said 4x4.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:43 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

they have badges on the tailgate. they dont really do decals on dodges. thats something else that seperates dodge from the rest too. only the chrome emblem on the tailgate will say 4x4. you looking into 17's i take it? do you plan on switching up your wheels later?

Quick Reply: Thinking about buying a HEMI!