3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2003 RAM START/ELEC ISSUE PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:04 PM
BROWN03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 RAM START/ELEC ISSUE PLEASE HELP

Today got in the truck, 2003 Hemi, 117k miles and turned the key and the alarm, not factory installed went off and the instrument cluster started flashing and there was a red light on the lower right corner that was flashing. I pulled the battery cables off for a while and tried it agian, same thing. I then removed the alarm system, and installed the battey cables. This time of course no alarm sounded, but I got the same ticking noise in the dash, along with the flashing red light. I put a volt meter to the battery with the cables off and it reads 14.02, and with the cables on, it bounces anywhere from 9.6 too 13.8 and the red light flashes along with the ticking in thedash each time the light flashes. YALL HAVE ANY CLUE. Never had any issues with the battery or the alarm or the truck till this today.

UPDATE: Looked in owners manual and the red light flashing is the security light... but my truck did not come with a factory security system. ANY HELP PLEASE. I have no interior lights, no power windows, nothing...

Old 03-16-2008, 07:58 PM
BROWN03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2003 RAM START/ELEC ISSUE PLEASE HELP

bump

Quick Reply: 2003 RAM START/ELEC ISSUE PLEASE HELP