3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CV Axles...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 03:21 PM
high cotton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CV Axles...

ok i have a 6 in lift on my 02 ram...my problem is that it just doesnt seem like its 6 inches unless i crank my torsion barrs...and the past 2 times ive cranked them all the way up i snap my cv axle, or the second time it just plainly poped out of the diff...is anyone else run into this problem, is it becuase the lift is putting to much of an angle on the cv's or what...i love riding high but this is the second time this has happened and i just got it fixed AGAIN and turned my torsion bars back down...

is there any kind of aftermarket cv axles that maybe reduce some of the stress...

Old 03-17-2008, 03:35 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: CV Axles...

STRONGLY not recommended to touch the t-bar bolts when you have a suspension lift.

Also, to my knowledge, only the Skyjacker 6" kit measures a true 6" on the 02-05 t-bar 1500's. There may be another, but I do know for sure that the Super Lift, Pro Comp and Fabtech 6" kits all measure somewhere between 5 & 5.5"... Tell tale is that only the Skyjacker fits 37's without any other mods, and you need a true 6" for 37's (not that I'd put 37's on an IFS truck - but everyone knows my opinion on that by now)...

Old 03-17-2008, 03:49 PM
high cotton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i know that i could jack the t-bars back up and fit 37's with no problem...but i cant afford to keep braking cv axles everytime i put it in 4wd...i mean just the fact that the CAN go up up but it will brake something just makes me mad...they should really come up with a part to fix that problem

Old 03-17-2008, 06:58 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

So, let me get this straight. You are mad because the torsion key bolts CAN betorqued to raise or lower the truck, but they didn't build ina fail-safe for a component that the manufacturer advises you not touch in the first place.
Hmmmm... Kinda like you can crank ALL the bolts out of the engine mounts too, there is no failsafe for that either...

Just funnin' with ya'

Quick Reply: CV Axles...