3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bizarre Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 06:59 PM
zee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bizarre Electrical Problem

Hi all; have an '04 4x4 HEMI. Went to turn it on today and something very strange happened. Everytime I touched the brake when standing still the speedometer needle would move up and down. I figured that I'd try to just turn the car off and then on again in the hopes of "rebooting" the computer but the same thing happened.

I"m assuming that this is some kind of short?

Later on both the ABS and Emergency Brake lights came on on the dash as well while driving. A little while later the car just shut off as I was sitting at a light. Anyone ever hear of a problem like this?

I can recreate the problem most of the time but I'm worried that when I head into the dealer they won't be able to do it and since no codes will come up they'll just give it back to me and say "tough luck". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy holidays to all.

Old 01-05-2005, 03:40 AM
zee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bizarre Electrical Problem

Happy new year everyone. Turns out that the problem was a rear wheel speed sensor. Just an FYI.

Quick Reply: Bizarre Electrical Problem