3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally dumped the exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:14 PM
BadRam1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally dumped the exhaust

After countless attempts I got fed up and went to the Meineke where I got the Cherry Bomb. He looked at the truck and said it would be $35. The other Meineke by where I work wanted $50 to do it. I ended up getting the turndowns welded on because the exhaust leaks from the clamped piper were pissing me off. It sounds absolutely amazing. It is insanely loud, but at 18 years young, I don't mind at all. I did lose a bit of low end torque I think, but I can still smoke the back tire so its all good. If its nice tomorrow I'll get a pic of it, but don't hold your breath for a video because technology > me.

I sold the flowmaster cat-back to a guy at work for a ram sticker and the $35 it took me to dump it (because its not like i paid for the FM system in the 1st place)

Also, there is absolutely no exhaust smell in the cab whatsoever.

Quick Reply: Finally dumped the exhaust