3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2000 ram rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 12:11 PM
biarff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 ram rough idle

Since I've got back form the middle east, my truck has been running rough. I cleaned out the TB and it ran better for awhile and started acting up again. It began stalling out when I was down shifting. I cleaned out the TB again and tested the IAC, which I found to be defective. I replaced the IAC and the truck ran good for two days before the rough idle returned. It isn't as bad as it was however. Seems to me that everytime I do something in the TB area it gets a little better. No codes are showing up for the computer by the way. Should I go after the MAP next, or does someone have a better idea? I really am lost

Old 03-29-2008, 12:24 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker
Default RE: 2000 ram rough idle

How long did the truck sit while you were gone and how much fuel was in it? Without knowing these things, (im going to assume longer than a year), id take a cheap stab and suggest cleaning the gas tank, fuel lines and filters and see what comes of it.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:04 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

^^^yup...i'm thinking bad gas also. Did you fill up the tank and put fuel stabilizer in before you left?

Old 03-29-2008, 06:33 PM
biarff

It only sat for 6 months. The wife ran it once a week in the drive way for the engine was run. Good idea, I'll try it

Quick Reply: 2000 ram rough idle