3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

GOT MY EXHAUST DONE

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008 | 08:23 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Default RE: GOT MY EXHAUST DONE

ORIGINAL: 05redhemi

well guys i got my exhaust done finally!!!!
i ended up goin with true duels with the flowmaster super 44 and custom tips (27"x4.5" stainlesss steel) piping 2.5"
long story though
i got quoted @ 1100$ fer the whole shibang and eventually i talked him down to 900$.... yay
so i hung out at the mall fer mostly the rest of the day and grinding teeth... and actually kinda nervous to see wat it sounded like when it was done so i realy never got the shopping i had planed to do done....
anyways i got back to the shop and i saw them welding the last tip on... wooo almost done.
so the desk guy come up to me and says well there was a minor problem and im sure u wont mind but you didnt have to purchase another cat because there was already stock 2 cats on it so the total comes to 750$$
so then the lift came down and then there she goes vroooomm...... man that sounded sooo dam nice then the desk guy once again says hes taking it for a test ride..... alll i see is the guy do a huge burnout and take off and come around 5 minutes later and all he says holy **** thats the best sounding truck thats come in and out of this shop

im really am pissed right now cuz i dont got a camera...aka brother broke it..... but ill eventually get u guys a video

btw im also getting these tires for my truck
http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires...0Country%20M/T®&category=off-road
Congratz!! I bet it sounds mean as hell..

You let them do a burn out in your truck? I'd be beyond pissed..

Old 04-05-2008 | 08:33 PM
05redhemi
|
Professional

lol i didnt have much of a say he just kinda did it..... but then again i didnt really care all that much cuz im getting new tire ne ways so.....

lol the funny thing is i ve brought it to about 4 different shops now and there hasnt been 1 were a guy hasn't stood there staring at the tips fer a second and then while driving it to the lift givin it a huge punch or a little rip........ then i get from them after bring ur truck here again.....

Old 04-05-2008 | 09:45 PM
Bucky
Rookie

Get that video up ASAP! I really want to hear it!!

Old 04-05-2008 | 09:55 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Just out of curiosity 05, how many Flowmaster mufflers did you buy? Or better yet, howmany are under your truck? I'm confused because you said you went with THE Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, which I take to mean one. For "true duals" you should have two single in/single out Super 44's under there...
Not trying to pick on you, it's more I don't want you tobe toldyou bought a "True Dual" setup when you got a simple "cat-back" dual exit system.
And note, depending on your use, one is not necessarily better than the other. There are times a simple cat-back out performs a true dual...

Old 04-05-2008 | 10:03 PM
daytona1680
Veteran

holy cow you paid alot I only paid $500 for true duals at that includes the flowmaster 50 hd muffler and 2 magnaflow high flow cats, and 2 1/2" aluminized pipe. looking forward to see how it sounds, im trying to decide between aero-turbine or the super 44 for my next muffler

Old 04-05-2008 | 10:05 PM
05redhemi
|
Professional

hey no worries i gues i wasnt descriptive enough,
yes there are 2 mufflers under there from the catalitic converters straight back to the tips with a muffler to each header... they crossed the pipes after the cats so the drivers side comes out the passenger side and vise versa so it has equal flow/flow length

Old 04-05-2008 | 10:19 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Yup, true dual...
Probably what I would do to a 2wd truck where towing isn't a big issue as well.
True duals sacrifice low end torque for high end HP, whereas a more traditional cat-back tends to have better low end torque gains but not near the high end HP gains. Used to be, back in the day, if you "H" piped or "X" piped it wasn't considered "true dual" but it is now, and leaving that "H" or "X" out is not recommended any more.
In my case, my truck is a very heavy 4x4, with the mods, much heavier than most. So, even though I have LT headers, I "Y'd" into a singe Flowmaster 50HD, then back out to two tips in an attempt to keep some backpressure for the low end torque...

Old 04-05-2008 | 10:26 PM
05redhemi
|
Professional

sounds like a dam good setup
actually i do a lot of towing and most of it is boats and utility trailers so i wasnt worried about loosing a little bit of tork besides the things such a dam beast any way it doesnt make a difference lol

Quick Reply: GOT MY EXHAUST DONE