3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DeBadging my RAM

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Timmerduder
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DeBadging my RAM

OK here is the deal....

I started yesterday, used a plastic razor blade, heat gunand laquer thinner.... about two hours using that andsome fishing lineand I removed the "RAM" from the passenger door

Today I stopped and bought some "Goo Gone" "pro power gell" version... about 3 hours andI did the rest of the passenger side and all the drivers side (that is a total of 4 emblems on each side for 5 today and 3 yesterday)

All in all about 5 hours.... bring a chair (I used a bucket) to sit on as it helps a lot... Looks awesome, it's dark or I would have taken a pic.... you will work your hands and you will have to use some good wax or rubbing compound at the end....

Just be prepared.... and I haven't done the tailgate yet.... I think I'll put a "hemi" badge there so after I pass people they will know why

Old 04-04-2008, 12:48 AM
jpeterson8
Default RE: DeBadging my RAM

what will work a lot better is acetone. I use it to take off decals all the time. Thats what I would recommend. If you don't feel safe using it even try a little corner. U'll see it wont damage the paint. It dries quick though. I also heard gasoline is cheaper and works fast.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:52 AM
mmstar23
Champion

im sure it works and i believe you..but id rather spend the extra time and not use acetone on my paint lol

Old 04-04-2008, 12:52 AM
1 Big B
Professional

Sweet i can't wait to see some pitures[sm=ttiwwp.gif].
I had to use that one (LOL). I'm going to do mine as soon as we get better weather.
C'ya duder
B

Old 04-04-2008, 12:54 AM
mmstar23
Champion

debadging would be great on the 08's IMO. i do not like their new badges...weird font to me...and theres no numbers.....just the word "RAM" and like i said i dont like the font or whatever you want to call it of the letter.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:16 AM
RamItOne

why would you want to Teabag your ram, and how would you do it??
oh.....
i dont know why it flips it upside down but when you click on it its the right way.

[IMG]local://upfiles/80693/EE3F50EAC3264674B4204E94ED7C2C6A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-04-2008, 02:56 AM
mikey0302

I was also going to suggest the Goo Gone, but what I did was use the liquid form and soak a paper shop towel and tape it to the foam part of the decal after pulling the chrome peice off, for about a 1/2 hour andit comes off pretty easy.Does not harm the paint and does not dry up as quick as acetone.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:02 AM
dirtydodge02
Banned

When I did mine, I spent 4 hours and got the ones off the tailgate too. Of course, it was 100 degrees out, which I'm sure helped when I came time to get that adhesive crap off.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:36 AM
fish n chicks
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Timmerduder

OK here is the deal....

I started yesterday, used a plastic razor blade, heat gunand laquer thinner.... about two hours using that andsome fishing lineand I removed the "RAM" from the passenger door

Today I stopped and bought some "Goo Gone" "pro power gell" version... about 3 hours andI did the rest of the passenger side and all the drivers side (that is a total of 4 emblems on each side for 5 today and 3 yesterday)

All in all about 5 hours.... bring a chair (I used a bucket) to sit on as it helps a lot... Looks awesome, it's dark or I would have taken a pic.... you will work your hands and you will have to use some good wax or rubbing compound at the end....

Just be prepared.... and I haven't done the tailgate yet.... I think I'll put a "hemi" badge there so after I pass people they will know why

I did that on mine, I put it on the back bumper right above where my side by side dual tips are. Love it there. I also put the other hemi badge on the front bumper, centered. Sopeople know what's up in their rear view before I pass em.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:06 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

We seem to have multiple threads going with the same topic...

https://dodgeforum.com/m_1256350/tm.htm

Quick Reply: DeBadging my RAM