3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Painted Grille

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:37 AM
carrevan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painted Grille

I own a 2002 Dodge Ram with the regular plastic "chrome" look grille.
I would like to go with the sport look with the painted grille.
My truck is Patriot Blue (dark blue) which weren't made in the sport model with the painted grille/matching bumpers. I would like to get these done somehow.

If anyone has any info. please let me know!

Also, anyone know the best place to get a deal on an SRT front bumper & hood?

Thanks,
Evan

Old 04-04-2008, 10:39 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker
Default RE: Painted Grille

When i had my hood painted, i debated the grille as well. The shop said 25 bucks and hes squirt it. My hood and grille bezel were 350 to paint so id guess it wouldnt be that expensive to have the bumpers and grilles done. Id suggest finding someone that sandblasts to remove the chrome from the bumpers but im sure that wouldnt be too spendy. Good luck show picks when done!

Old 04-04-2008, 03:48 PM
daytona1680
Veteran

look on e-bay for a paintable grill, then just have it painted to match;I see them on there all the time.

Cheapest place I know of for the srt-10 parts is from
http://www.hensonmotorsports.com/mer...ex.php?cat=251
if you dont see what you need on that site just call him up and he will hook you up, and let him know your from a dodge forum; and he will give you the cheapest price he can sell for.
And as for the stock chrome stuff. I would take that off and sell it, the chrome bumpers and grills seem to be bringing good money. I know a guy who sold all his chrome stuff on e-bay then used that money to buy an srt-10 bumper cover and had a couple $ left..Keep in mind you will need some extra parts to mount an srt bumpersince you dont have the sport bumper on it now.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:50 PM
mmstar23
Champion

sanded my chrome off and painted over it....but sandblasting the bumpers is a good idea///or trade with someone that has an ST..good deal for both of you..ST gets chrome pieces to look like an SLT and you get your paintable pieces to look like a sport..win/win situation....but i just painted over mine and its been fine....did my mirrors too

Quick Reply: Painted Grille