3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

PICS..gotta get a lil mud on the tires...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008 | 12:39 AM
RamItOne
Default RE: PICS..gotta get a lil mud on the tires...

Ha I never said it was from mudding. The title of this thread was mud on the tires. A good half of that mud was from the thrity minutes prior to getting stuck, then the rest was from flooring it pissed off.
Youre just trying to make friends with the guy from Davie so when one of yall get stuck in wet grass the other can pull you out LOL.

The last pic in my first post though was from today, theres always traffic on one road near my house. I'll get some pics of the scenic route. Maybe take some tomorrow.

Old 04-05-2008 | 12:44 AM
mmstar23
Champion

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

Youre just trying to make friends with the guy from Davie so when one of yall get stuck in wet grass the other can pull you out LOL.
LMAO! well if i get stuck in "wet grass" ill just go home and pull my self with the 350....

Old 04-05-2008 | 12:51 AM
RamItOne

have you figured out what tires yet? I'm itching to get some, around 32k on mine so got a lil while left, plus I know I'm gonna be haul&trailering about 8k worth of crap thats not gonna fit in the 26 foot penske (I have way too much crap for a single guy), its about 1100 miles to jax. Last time I drove it I kept gettig that speed sensor **** where your abs goes out. So that and having A/Ts or MUDs which have crappy stopping ESP in rain isn't a good idea with and extra 8k wanting to go forward when you're trying to stop. That and my mileage will already blow, don't need to drop another 2mpg on an 1100 mile trip.

And where are the pics of the truck with the leveler?

Old 04-05-2008 | 12:57 AM
mmstar23
Champion

nope. cant decide....this has been the hardest damn thing to decide on. pro comp xtreme A/Ts or dick cepek FC-II's. i know what you mean with rain stopping it rains here all the time....the xtreme A/Ts are suppose to be pretty good in the rain but hammer tells me that pro comps suck and dick cepeks are great and ive heard the exact opposite from others....i dont know dude.

pics of the level are coming dont you worry. my dad gets back tomorrow with the camera....tomorrow night so ill try and get some up sunday.

Old 04-05-2008 | 01:01 AM
RamItOne

well a compromise is to go really wide instead of a lil taller and a lil wider.
Like at least 305, if not 320ish

Old 04-05-2008 | 01:09 AM
mmstar23
Champion

ya, my tires are 305...305/50R20.

12.5 is a little wider than that.....that size tire measures 32" tall, but with my **** head tread and lowered air pressure my tires are a hair under 31".....you might as well just consider it 31" so 2" more is gonna be a good amount of lift.....2" doesnt sound like a lot..but actually it is considering seeing what 2.5" did to my front end......holy **** its a lot higher....2 more all the way around is gonna be nice. i just hope i clear them, i might have to get like quarter inch spacers just to get them to not rub on my sway bar. and then ill probally either a cut out some of my wheel well where the tires rub or get a blow torch or something and melt it back instead of having cuts..the wheel well will just be melted back lol

Old 04-05-2008 | 01:18 AM
RamItOne

yeah mine are about 11" wide and 33" tall.

Old 04-05-2008 | 01:20 AM
mmstar23
Champion

12 wide 31 tall lol.

Old 04-05-2008 | 06:41 AM
RyanGSP

2 guys on my street (both are dodges) have the Dick Cepek FC-II's and they both love them. I have heard they dont clear mudd very well but anytime I see those truck with a mud paintjob the tires are clean. Both guys are oilfield so they do alot of driving and the tires still look new.

Dick Cepek is a brand I wouldnt be scared to buy and would pay the extra amount for them.

That being said for that price I would run and am going to be using the BFG Mudterrains or the new BFG MudTerrain KM2.

Old 04-05-2008 | 10:39 AM
mmstar23
Champion

ya. DC and MT are very reputable. so i might end up with those and probally will. id look at the BFG's but they dont make those types of tires in 20" rims. believe they only go to 18's

Quick Reply: PICS..gotta get a lil mud on the tires...