3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question for anyone who can help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 04:01 PM
ramitdamit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for anyone who can help

Question about the engine light. Well all this happened about a week ago. I go to the local Walmart here and buy a lawn mower. The light wasn't on when I went there but when I come out and load up the lawn mower in the back my engine light was on. Well it stayed on for a few days and before I went to have it checked out it went back off. I finally figured out that the day it went off a few gals from work wanted to sit on the back of my tailgate. I've come to think that somehow when I loaded the lawn mower (when i let my tailgate down) it came on, and when the girls opened it and closed it again it went off. I know the tailgate has nothing to do with engine. I have a few more brains than that!! I just thought it was crazy how it came on and went off when the tailgate was let down. It's an 03 and I have never had any problems with it. The light still hasn't come back on. So with that said:

1) Has this happened to anyone else?
2) If so what was the actual problem?
3) What else could it possibly be?

oh yeah, I didnt want to pay 35 dollar's to have it hooked up to a machine just to see what (if anything) is wrong. So now I turn to my fellow Dodger's!! haha

Old 04-06-2008, 04:08 PM
RamItOne
Default RE: Question for anyone who can help

Fat chicks will F(u)ck up your truck truck quicker than anything.......

do a search on how to pull your own engine codes... key on key off key on key off, somthing like that. who pays for a code pull? most auto shops will do that for free. had it come back on since? try disc the batt for 30 min so itll go away and see if it comes back...

Old 04-06-2008, 04:24 PM
daytona1680
Veteran

key on-off-on-off-on your dash will light up and watch the odometer, if the code is still there it will come across when its done showing codes it will say "done' then you just go back to off and pull your key out..if you havent driven much the code might still be there

Old 04-06-2008, 04:33 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You didn't have this problem at all before you bought the lawn mower, right?

The answer is simple, return the lawn mower...

Quick Reply: Question for anyone who can help