3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Torsion Bar leveling q's

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:16 AM
mmstar23
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Torsion Bar leveling q's

i didnt measure that way....i went from ground to wheel well arch....the center and got 43.25" for the front and slightly higher than 42.75" in the rear..if you wanna get technical it would be like 42.8" for the rear..but we'll go with 42 and 3/4.

but ireally think thats due to the fact that i have lower presure in my rear tires. and my alignment has not been fixed. the tires right now are about 31" tall, and im ordering 35's soon....so i figure my truck will be at 45 1/4" in the front and back once i get the tires.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:54 AM
mikey0302
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Johnsaballer, I used the Truxx kit for the same reason, the relocation brackets for the shocks. I live on a pretty rough dirt road and noticed the shock bottoming out the first time I went down my road, before I put the relocation bracket in. Went right back to the driveway and put the bracket in, made a big difference and I really don't notice a change in ride. Yes put the truck in the air one side at a time if you have wheel completly off ground to this takes tension off of the torsion bar and the bolt is much easier to turn. You will also need the ball joint depressing tool, some here have said that you can use a big c clamp but I would just rent the tool. Any autoparts store should rent them and give you a full refund when you return the tool, they are about a hundred bucks. it is also recommended that you get an alignment after the install, if you measure the length of the bolt on both sides and make sure thay are the same you should be ok, I did this and had an alignment and was told it did'nt really need one. Also be sure that when you slide the torsion bar out to remove the key mark where the torsion bar is, putting them back in the wrong position is a bad thing. If you get the truxx set they very good instructions. Good Luck.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:32 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: jonnymagnum

is there any other way to level the truck out. I cranked the T bars on the dak, and it rode alot more rougher. I have 35x12.5's on mine right now and they rub a lil bit
Yea, you can always get the keys. I've cranked the bolts on two friends' trucks and noticed how stiff it was right away. Both of them still ride it that way. I guess it's all up to how jarring a ride are you willing to put up with to have a free lift.
I've never installed the keys, but from my reading and first hand talking to people with them, the Truxx would be a good set, because of the shock relocation brackets (no need to have to purchase longer shocks). Not too hard to install (really easy if you rent the unloading tool at a local auto parts store) and won't stiffen the ride nearly as much...

Old 04-08-2008, 12:08 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok thanks, I'll have to look into that

Quick Reply: Torsion Bar leveling q's