3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 03:53 PM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes

So Im at 32k and decided to replace the brakes with some duralasts, took my front rotors to my buddy to be put on a lathe. The brakes didnt look bad when i took them off but compared to the new ones there was a huge diff, also autozone has lifetime replacement

Anyways on to the ordeal, i buy the brakes yesterday, lift up the front, take off both wheels then brakes, then open the brakes i bought, well they aint right. so i take up the brakes and one old one, (good thing i could borrow my buddys truck so i didnt have to put everything back on) sure enough those were the right brakes, except my truck used 2007 brakes even though its an 06 model. well of course the autozone that i bought the orig brakes from didnt have those in stock so had to drive another 10 miles ugh.. good thing i only had a 12 pack in me (started drinking around 8 am), so when i got back the fronts were good to go. the rear passenger has a bolt thats crossthreaded and wasa bitch to get off. other than that im good. finally feel some power in my brakes.
side note itll be helpfull to have a c clamp to push in the pistons when youre putting them back on...

Old 04-09-2008, 05:15 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned
Default RE: Brakes

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

side note itll be helpfull to have a c clamp to push in the pistons when youre putting them back on...
You ain't kiddin! I used a small chunk of 2x4 to press both in simultanoiusly. Much easier than by hand!

Old 04-09-2008, 11:48 PM
sa1765
Veteran

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

So Im at 32k and decided to replace the brakes with some duralasts, took my front rotors to my buddy to be put on a lathe. The brakes didnt look bad when i took them off but compared to the new ones there was a huge diff, also autozone has lifetime replacement

Anyways on to the ordeal, i buy the brakes yesterday, lift up the front, take off both wheels then brakes, then open the brakes i bought, well they aint right. so i take up the brakes and one old one, (good thing i could borrow my buddys truck so i didnt have to put everything back on) sure enough those were the right brakes, except my truck used 2007 brakes even though its an 06 model. well of course the autozone that i bought the orig brakes from didnt have those in stock so had to drive another 10 miles ugh.. good thing i only had a 12 pack in me (started drinking around 8 am), so when i got back the fronts were good to go. the rear passenger has a bolt thats crossthreaded and wasa bitch to get off. other than that im good. finally feel some power in my brakes.
i'm glad i'm not the only one that prepares for auto service first thing in the morning.
then again, i get off work at 6a.m., so that's kinda like happy hour for me

Old 04-10-2008, 02:28 PM
RamItOne

yeah got up around 6am, racked up 30 beers yesterday, on the way back from picking up the brakes I stopped off for an 18 pack and my buddy got a 12 pack.

To quote homer Simpson. Alcohal, the cause and solution to all our problems.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Ricker
Professional

C-clamp and small 2X4. +1

Quick Reply: Brakes