3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

window issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:36 PM
CaymanRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window issues

Ok, i have a 2004 4dr Ram 1500. I've replaced all the window switches, and they are still not rolling down. The only way that the windows go down is from the main switch. NOw if i am putting the windows down with the main switch(let's say the front passenger) with the main (drivers) switch, it will go down, but as soon as i press the switch on the passenger side, the window stops, and then keeps going once i let go of the passenger side switch.

Any ideas? please letme know asap.

Thanks

webster.me@gmail.com

Mike

Old 04-10-2008, 09:36 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker
Default RE: window issues

Ground split or power wire dumped after the main wire. These things, (ford, chev and dodge), are wired REDUNDANT. A million wires run that arent needed for simple jobs. Im far from a wiring guru and wish i could give you more than that. Start testing the wires coming out from the main switch as thats where the other switches get their power from. Good luck and wish i could be of more help.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:09 AM
Sphinx boostin
Default RE: window issues

i have dang near the same prob but when its warm out i no longer have the prob it works as advertised

Quick Reply: window issues