3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 Hemi Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:28 PM
HemiForever
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Hemi Upgrades

Ok I posted this in the Newbie forum so you know what I have. I want to do some upgrades but after buying the truck not a lot of extra cash at the moment. I am thinking Magnaflow exhaust but any other minor things I can do get get a few more HP out of it? Just looking for general suggestions and then I can consider what options I have. And I am in Toronto and not stuck on Magnaflow but what I had on my last RAM and liked them but if there is an alternative that is as good for a bit less and would free up money to do some other upgrade I would consider that also. I have some of my own ideas but I may be overlooking something so thought I would see what those here would suggest.

ORIGINAL: HemiForever

Just thought I would say Hi, on my second RAM truck, first one was a 2002 RAM 1500 RWD/4x4 with a 4.7 Magnum and wrote it off in an accident (Not at fault in anyway). Last month found a 2006 Dodge RAM Laramie, 5.7 L Hemi Magnum 1500 AWD/4x4 off lease with 16,400 KM on it, leather seats heated, premium sound system and most other upgrades, and was such an incredible deal could not say no and the dealership threw in a warranty extension to match a new truck. So far the only thing I have done to it is throw in a K&N Cold air intake the day after I bought it, also had a LoRider Fiberglass tonneau cover on it when I purchased it with Rhino lining . Here is a pretty poor pic of it, was covered in road dust and spray and tried to keep it looking black. May do some upgrades on it, paid cash so a little low on cash at the moment lol, but looking to put a Magnaflow exhaust on it if I can figure out how to pay for it.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:15 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker
Default RE: 2006 Hemi Upgrades

Nice looking truck! Go with the magnaflow exhaust, you will love it. Don't get your system on line, go to a muffler shop somewhere around you for it. When I got mine, it was over $400 on line, but I went to a shop here in town, and got magnaflow duel out the rear with tips for $280. Have you got a bedliner?

Old 04-14-2008, 12:12 PM
HemiForever

Thanks,

I liked the Magnaflow on my 4.7 but just thought I would enquire about other options so looks like I will stick with Magnaflow and yes I have a Rhino Lining. I don't buy much online but books, I prefer to deal in cash as much as possible seems to save me lots of money usually, other times makes no difference but if I shop around someone is usually willing to cut me a deal if I pay cash so online is not going to happen anyway lol. I will be out pricing this week for the exhaust so hope in the next 3-4 weeks I can cough up enough coin to get it done. Any other suggestions outside the exhaust? Have the K&N Cold air intake installed, not looking to spend a lot but have a few hundred I think I can come up with outside the exhaust so looking for ideas, prefer to improve performance opposed to dealing with the looks, like the stock look a lot so not really looking to change it that way.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:40 PM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

After you get your exhaust, getting a programmer is really the only thing to do in the performance part of it. As far as the look, I think your truck would look good with some chrome steps, and handles, and maybe a bull bar. It's your truck, have fun with it, and dress it the way you want to.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:57 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Exhaust (Magnaflow is a good choice), CAI & Tuner in that order...

Old 04-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Foiled
Veteran

That doesn't look like an 06 to me. It does not have the new frontend and those wheels are 02-05's and a Laramie has a semi painted front bumper on an 06 with only a small piece of chrome.

If you was told this was an 06 Laramie you may want to look into that.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:17 PM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Foiled

That doesn't look like an 06 to me. It does not have the new frontend and those wheels are 02-05's and a Laramie has a semi painted front bumper on an 06 with only a small piece of chrome.

If you was told this was an 06 Laramie you may want to look into that.

I thought the same thing!?

Quick Reply: 2006 Hemi Upgrades