3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Posted for user Chris S

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:51 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Posted for user Chris S

Hi
I just joined the Forum as I bought a 2006 RAM 1500 Laramie in Florida and imported it to the UK for our boat distribution business. It's in as new condition and has covered 32,000. I bought it from Maroone Dodge in Pembroke Pines nr Ft Lauderdale.

UnfortunatelyDodge says it doesn't honour any warranty outside the USA so I'm on my own.
We borrowed the truck in the US for an afternoon and had no problemswith it but after less than 200 miles here in the UK the engine light came on doing 50mph onthe flat.

The fuel consumption on the computerseems to have worsened by around 25%and the truck appears sluggish in acceleration.since the fault light came on. Is this a consequence of the fault ?

I took the truck to a Chrysler cardealer here and they diagnosed the fault as P0750 LR SOLENOID CIRCUIT and reset the light. Less than 100 yds after starting off from the garage the fault light came back on.

On the forum the same fault is given as"Shift Solenoid A Malfunction".

Can you tell me what could be causing thisand how we can go about fixing it ourselves ?

Could it just be a wiring fault ?

Many thanks for your time.

Quick Reply: Posted for user Chris S