3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I need help finding a few things. Can someone please help me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 08:11 PM
BIGTRUCK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help finding a few things. Can someone please help me!!!!

I have a 2003 Hemi QC. I'm looking for a roll pan or bumber that the exhaust exits from, or possibly a rear side skirt that exits the exhaust behind each rear tire. Can anyone help me??? Also, I would like to get the mirrors and door handles painted, but from what i understand the texture of the mirrors and handles is very rough, and hard to look good even with a gloss over it. Does anyone know where I can get painted or easily painted mirrors or door handles? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

Old 01-08-2005, 02:45 AM
B][GT
Professional
Default RE: I need help finding a few things. Can someone please help me!!!!

You should be able to pick up a steel roll pan and cut the holes out. not sure a brand that sells it already like that.. but i dont look at them very often. As for painted mirros and handles, should be able to.. i foudn a txt from teh search option..

to prep the plastic handles or mirrors just wash them good with a soapy water "DAWN" soap works best at cutting grease. then dry them well. pick up a spray can of plastic prep at your local parts store. just mist the plastic prep on the parts right before painting them and wipe them dry. then spray them with sand free also available at your local parts store. do not sand the parts because they are a textured plastic and you will ruin them. the plastic prep final cleans and the sand free bites into the plastic and the paint bites into the sand free. you can see these products here http://www.atrim.com/Page87.html i have been painting for many years and these products work wonders for a professinal job. now if you went to 100 different body shops to get your handles painted 90 of them would wipe them with thinner prime them and paint them. they would look great to you but would chip sooner than later. the other 10 might do it right. just take your time and research it. they will look nice. take your time and put on several thin coats rather than a couple of heavy coats of paint. feel free to ask any questions. always ready to help!!

i have hear a rumour that the handles on the grand cherokee will fit the Ram.
Some of the higher models of the Cherokee have the handles painted from the
factory. You maybe able to swap these out for the cab, the tailgate and the
mirrors would have to be done.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-11-2005, 04:02 PM
BIGTRUCK

Hey,
Thanks very much for the info. I will try to find those handles, and I think the painting shouldnt be a problem with that advice.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

try autoanything.com or truckperformance.com I got my chrome mirror covers and my chrome door handles from autoanything.com .I also got my chrome fuel door cover from them , Cheap.

Quick Reply: I need help finding a few things. Can someone please help me!!!!