3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

best gears???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Romeosoldier03
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best gears???

im trying to decide which gears to buy...yukon, motive, richmond.....who has 4.56...what do u think of them...i'm runnin 36's......RPM's??

Old 04-19-2008, 06:24 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best gears???

us gear.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:43 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You need to worry more about WHO is going to install them more than what brand. I don't think one brand is heads above another, but I've read or heard great things AND horror stories about EVERY brand. It's all about the install with this mod.
Personnally, I have Genuine Gears and they've been perfect for almost 15k miles without even a hint of a whine. Motive's and Precision's seem to have the best reputation. I think getting a quality install kit with Timkin Bearings and having a qualified, experienced tech do the work is more important than who makes the gears...

Old 04-19-2008, 11:36 AM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

You need to worry more about WHO is going to install them more than what brand. I don't think one brand is heads above another, but I've read or heard great things AND horror stories about EVERY brand. It's all about the install with this mod.
Personnally, I have Genuine Gears and they've been perfect for almost 15k miles without even a hint of a whine. Motive's and Precision's seem to have the best reputation. I think getting a quality install kit with Timkin Bearings and having a qualified, experienced tech do the work is more important than who makes the gears...
I agree with Hammer, install is key. We have had great experiences with Motive gears, thats what I have in my personal truck. They are a great quality gear without breaking the budget. I also have a Detroit True trac which is great, very quiet around corners but get into it and they are both LOCKED.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Quick Reply: best gears???