3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 01:14 PM
morfoot
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP

I need some help from anyone in the know. I just bought a pair of Dodge nerf bars from a dude whose 2006 2500 quad/shortbed is getting repo'd today. I thought it would be easy to install these bars up to my 2008 1500 quad/short bed since they came right off his. How in the hell and where do these brackets match up too? There is no easy way like I thought it was going to be. If anyone has the installation manual, know where to locate it on the internet or have pictures, I'd be estatic if you could ship that info my way.

I thank you in advance.

Mike

Old 04-19-2008, 03:02 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain
Default RE: HELP

I'm going to assume you have the following... the bars..... 4 heavy metal brackets..... 8 thin wierd lookin brackets.... a bunch of little bolts... nuts.... odd looking nuts.... All the washers... body mount bolts... I can't remember if there is more... If you have that and the proper tools... don't use vise grips.... or pliers... use the real tools.... mount the big brackets to the bars.... and then remove the front and rear body mount bolt... don't remove anything else... take the bar with the brackets and start bolting in place of what you just removed... do not tighten at this point... thenafter it is hangin... take the odd lookin brackets and mount those the the heavy brackets of the steps... and match the other end to the holes in your rocker panels.... those are usally covered in some kind of tape.... punch a hole in it and use the odd looking nuts anda bolt to secure those to the truck... do that for both ends... and repeat for the other side....after everything is in place... make sure ALL bolts are tightened.... hope this all helps..

Old 04-19-2008, 03:13 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

I thought that bars for the 1500s and 2500/3500s were different because of the frame differences. The ones on my 3500 are WAY different than the ones I had on my 02 1500...

Old 04-19-2008, 08:26 PM
morfoot
Rookie

Well I thank you guys for your replies...I still haven't got them on. I'm currently at work, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get them on tomorrow. Anyways, I talked to the dealership and got a printout of the installation instructions. The parts guy said the stock number is the same for 2006 and 2008 as well for 1500 and 2500. They said the only thing that matters is regular cab or quad cab.

I'll keep you all posted and let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Old 04-20-2008, 06:06 PM
morfoot
Rookie

Thanks again guys. Just an update...I've mounted them and they look good too. The wife is happy and so are the kids. Plus it adds a lil to the appearance. The first one that I put on wasn't too easy, but the other side wasn't to bad since I sorta new what I was doing.

Thanks all.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:01 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

kool! now lets get some pics of the truck AND the car!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 11:08 AM
morfoot
Rookie

Well crap. I barely put those damn nerf bars on...I would love to put my vehicle's up here to show 'em off, but I haven't figured it out yet. People ahve told me how, but for some reason it just doesn't work out?!?!