3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Raising front of 4x2 QC for level look?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 03:21 PM
hemiallen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raising front of 4x2 QC for level look?

I saw a thread about turning torsion bars to raise the front, but it looks like my 1500 only has coil springs. I can't seem to find that thread to read what it said....I suspect the torsion bars are on solid front axle trucks or 4x4's.

How can I raise the front for the level-look? I have the 20" rims, if that matters.

Thanks

Allen

Old 01-09-2005, 03:22 AM
uawnick
Professional
Default RE: Raising front of 4x2 QC for level look?

I know the 4x4 and 4x2 Durango have the same frame and torsion bar suspension. Im not sure about the Ram. If you do have the torsion bar setup you can use them to raise the front of the truck. However you need to beware it will throw your wheel camber out and you will have to get the truck aligned. Also, and I cant stress this enuff you need to make double sure you turn each bolt the exact amount of times. Do it on a level surface and measure from ground to wheel well on each side. Measure the four corners of the truck then make the front whatever you want it to be.

Im not even sure yor truck has the torsion bars, but if they do then there are your instructions.. If you need more answers dont hesitate to ask.

Old 01-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Deviousin10tions
Professional

well I happen to have a Daystar leveling kit her I could sell you PM me for more info, lifts the front end 2 1/2 inches I got it for a good deal and will pass the saving on to you.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:24 AM
kevincw01
Rookie

what's the leveling kit do? help you measure so you can raise your torsion bars? I've got 4x4, how do i know if I have torsion bars

Quick Reply: Raising front of 4x2 QC for level look?