3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bully Dog Power Pup for HEMI

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 01:49 PM
sk425k
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bully Dog Power Pup for HEMI

Does anyone have the Bully Dog Power Pup for their Hemi, if so how does it improve the performance and millage.. any info would be great!! thanks stephen

Old 04-27-2008, 07:00 PM
cmoschip
Rookie
Default RE: Bully Dog Power Pup for HEMI

I have only been through about 500 miles with it but it feels much better than the Superchips (I sold it yesterday).

Mileage - looks like about a 5% increase over the Superchips (both on their performance setting) but I'll have to wait longer to tell for sure.

The SC used to have a strange surging under fuill throttle, near the shift points - the Bully Dog doesn't have that behavior.

One other plus - you can change tire size, shift points, etc WITHOUT installing a tune and modifying timeing/fuel maps.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:03 PM
sk425k
Professional

What year is your truck? how is the ease of use of the product and what do you normally run regular or performance setting?? Does it feel if this programmer is making more power then the SC did also?

Old 04-27-2008, 08:35 PM
cmoschip
Rookie

2006. I run (ran) the highest performance settings - the 91 octane+ tunes.

It feels like it runs much more smoothly under WOT. As far as more power - my guess is they are about on par. When at WOT with the SC I had a terrible surging problem from ~5500 - 5900rpms - it doesn't happen with the Bully Dog.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:25 PM
ssgdick

I wanted to ask if you had any problems with installation. I bought the Triple Dog Gas Downloader and can not get it to work. The techs at bully dog seem like they are trying, but kind of unsure. I also heard a couple of horror stories about computers going out after using it. Well, any info would be appreciated. Also, what you recommend changing the shift points to.

Quick Reply: Bully Dog Power Pup for HEMI