3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

N-FAB NERF BARS....WHO'S GOT EM?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Romeosoldier03
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N-FAB NERF BARS....WHO'S GOT EM?

I picked up some black nfab nerf bars...cab length..for 400 bucks today after splitting my favorite pair of pants again....so...my question is....for all of u that have em...they are mean looking but...how well do they hold up....mine i have to drill through the pinch weld and that's it....just doesn't seem so strong...but looks can be decieving...but Im going to wait a bit though....Im taking them to my local Line-x to get sprayed.......thanks u guys/gals...

Old 07-21-2008, 11:08 AM
MissyW
Default RE: N-FAB NERF BARS....WHO'S GOT EM?

When installed correctly- the N-fab bars youpurchased have a beefy weight rating at over 400lbs. The Dodge truck unfortunately is not pre-drilled from the factory to accomodate truck steps to mount anywhere else but to the frame, which looks horrible with body lifted trucks. Almost all of the steps we make go to factory mounting holes in the cab, Dodge is one of the few exceptions. Hopefully you love them!

Old 07-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MissyW

When installed correctly- the N-fab bars youpurchased have a beefy weight rating at over 400lbs. The Dodge truck unfortunately is not pre-drilled from the factory to accomodate truck steps to mount anywhere else but to the frame, which looks horrible with body lifted trucks. Almost all of the steps we make go to factory mounting holes in the cab, Dodge is one of the few exceptions. Hopefully you love them!
UH. Not true. All 3rd gen Ram trucks have slots cut into the back of the door sill. The slots are covered with black tape. Look at the attached pic, the slots are in the red squares...

[IMG]local://upfiles/2784/F39C234652364DEEA9BCBE82C58AAAC5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-21-2008, 05:37 PM
MissyW

My apologies, I was told that the mounting system on the Dodge was similar to another model- I must have gotten some mis-information. Of course I'm not the 'tech guy' lol....but thanks for the clarification and the diagram!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:47 AM
1 Big B
Professional

Yes the n-fab nerf steps mount to the pinch weld. There are piece of flat bar the goes up so when you step on them it holds against the cab body. they are strong I'm a Big guy and they hold me great. The family loves them for getting in and out. I don't think you'll go wrong
B

Old 07-22-2008, 03:31 AM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

I don't think they look bad with a body lift at all!

Quick Reply: N-FAB NERF BARS....WHO'S GOT EM?