3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Body Side Moldings (Painted)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:38 AM
alexRAM1500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Side Moldings (Painted)?

Hello everyone,

Im looking to buy a set of painted body side moldings since my truck didnt bring them. All that i have found are chrome or black. Any one know where i can find them painted? anywhere online etc.?

Old 05-12-2008, 01:13 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Body Side Moldings (Painted)?

When I first bought my truck, I ordered a set from the dealer already painted. Don't remember the price but it wasn't bad.

I need to paint them again because they faded from bright white to yellowish. I'll get the PW7 and the clear coat paint from automotivetouchup.com in spray cans.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can get me your paint code or the last 8 digits of your VIN, I can get you part numbers and prices...Pm me the info or call me.....DAVID

Old 05-13-2008, 11:38 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now that you mention it, my door moldings are no longer a nice white color. I thought it was just gunk that wasn't coming off when it was washed but it may be time for a repaint.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:46 PM
RAM0447
Professional

hmm just take them off lol i think it looks better without unless you got use to the look..can't really imagine mine with moldings since I bought the truck without them

Old 05-14-2008, 09:36 AM
mopar74
Professional

[:@] I just put my truck in the shop a week ago because some other contractor working on my site couldn't pull in beside me in a realatively empty construction lot without sliding his bumper along the right rear bed, the post between the bed and the passenger door. (sorry no photos)

The truck should be repaired by Friday, (10 days) and look as good as new. In prep for the paint I had to take off the rack, rails and the lights because of the metalic paint. I checked with a local dealer for the molding in the quad cab chrome and he quoted $141.75 a tax.

The body shop, (separate from the dealer) stated that he sees too many doors on trucks that are damaged by others. If we had the moldings it would cut down much of his cosmetic work on 4X4's.

I priced them out from Parts/Service. PM him or give him a call. It is worth it!

mopar74

Quick Reply: Body Side Moldings (Painted)?