3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Free Oil Change from Dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 12:26 PM
dreman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Oil Change from Dealer!

I got a coupon for a free first oil change from the dealership we bought our truck at, only a week after I already changed the oil (3k miles). I called them to see if was still good for the next one, and they said sure, no problem. Then I asked how much it would cost for synthetic, since I've already changed it to synthetic. When he said $65, I laughed and said "so I can get a free oil change with a synthetic oil for only twice what it costs me to do it myself!" He said something about "we get our oil from Mopar, so it costs more", but he didn't sound very happy about it.

I told him I would change my own oil, and then I threw the coupon away!

Old 05-12-2008, 01:24 PM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Free Oil Change from Dealer!

yeah the dealership gave me free oil changes for the first year, so I took it up there around 6,000 miles for the first change, wanted synth, figured it wouldn't be too bad since they back out the cost of the dead lizard oil. But yep 65 bucks, I paid I'd cause I was there, but, took it to walyworld the second time and they're pretty cheap but since then I just change my own oil with amsoil.

Quick Reply: Free Oil Change from Dealer!