3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air Conditioning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 07:43 PM
J Mags
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioning!!!

I have a 2003 Dodge turbo diesel 2500....I have owned the truck since Sept 2003 and about a year later I started having problems with the A/C. It doesn't cool, feels like its blowing air that is about 70-75 degrees F., (which doesn't help if it's 90+ outside). It also blows the air out of the front vents at different pressure, the driver side two vents are normal, strong force on high, but the passenger side three vents blow like it's on low to medium setting when it is actually set on high. I have taken the truck into dodge (where I purchased it) at least twice a year since 2004 and they keep telling me the air pressure difference is normal on diesel's and that I just need refrigerant added. It works properly for about a month after it's serviced but then re-occurs; the fan/blower pressure has never worked satisfactorily.......HELP!!!![:@]

Old 05-16-2008, 10:46 PM
RedneckDodge86
Professional
Default RE: Air Conditioning!!!

Sounds like you have a leak......Some of the refridgerant comes with a L.E.D. light that makes that stuff glow like yellow. So fill er up and inspect all the hoses with the LED and see what u can find. Cheap way of finding out if you havent done it yet

Old 05-21-2008, 05:43 PM
nomoredaks
Default RE: Air Conditioning!!!

I have a 06 quad hemi and have had nothing but problems with ac/heater. In the winter had the cold feet syndrome where no heat blowing to floor and low air volumn to the reast of the vents except defrost.. Took it to the dealership and they found the blend air doo and the fan motor mout broken.. Pretty common on all dodge pickups whether you notice it or not.. They replaced those two items but although the volumn was great on most vents there was NO segregation from defrost to floor when set to floor mode.,, they said could be done as this was normal.. I don't believe it. Now that it is hot then AC cools for about 20 - 30 seconds then quits.. temp out the vents after th 20 - 30 secs. is about 70- 80 degrees.. It has been in the shop for 3 days now and was determined that the sensor in the dash.. It tell the system that it is to cold or freezing and shuts the system off.. Just got a call from the dealership and after replacing the system and putting my dash back together, AC still not working.. Dodge advised to reposition the sensor and try again. They also reccomended to replace the air selection switch,, AGAIN.. Thease are common problems with these trucks.. This time around I am trying a different dealership as the first one had my truck for 4 days and still was not right.. Now here I am again with a different dealership and they have had for 3 days now and still no resolve.. hope this sheds a little light.. Don't think its the refrigerent in your case at all..

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning!!!