3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2 years of owner ship...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:35 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2 years of owner ship...

06 2500 SLT reg cab 4x4. 5.7 6 sp...

45,000 Km ( canada )

Two years old today.. only warenty issues to date have been nutraul safety switch ( cruse control ) Gold fish swimming in the left rear tail light, ie water inside lens and one item to adresss ia rusting seam on the inside of the drivers door.

This is my verry first dodge product, I allways went out of my way to own Ford's, and in some areas, Ford is so much better than dodge with the quality of paint body fit and finish.

I'm sure if youy had a dodge drive train in a Ford truck, it would be the best truck on the road.
( hemi, CTD )

My good old hemi is so much better on flue and way more power than the 5.4 3v I had in a 04 F-150,My ram has never quit on me, my past Ford's were road side rescued with dead batteries, broken timming chains ( variable valve timming on the 04 )

I'm one of the lucky ones who can say my Hemi is really good on flue, take in to account I'm talking highway mileage amd consider I own a 3/4 ton truck.

Had I known the stock rubber kills the lower rockers, I wpuld have installed fender flares at the time of my purchass, all othier aspects of the Ram, I reserached, reserached, reserached, than factery orderd my truck.

Dodge fourm and Ram oners were verry helpful and proven to be helpful in my Transition to Dodge, Now I'm converted

My truck is a work truck, really hard to keep up the house keeping on her, not a fault of the truck.

I added dual ex, cab high topper.

I'm proud to say, I like my dodge, Best truck I have owned to date, and That's with the issues on paint and body assembly.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:38 PM
BIG HOOK
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2 years of owner ship...

Congrats Cyclone on your satisfaction with your 2500. Great trucks, huh?

I too factory ordered my 07 2500 SLT Reg Cab Hemi (auto) and I couldn't be happier. This is my 3rd Dodge 4x4 and the drivetrains are second to none. The Hemi has great power and torque to pull a house! Dodge has also improved body and paint quality somewhat compared to a decade ago.

That door seam rusting - I can see where that can be an issue, especially at the bottom inside. I always wipe that down good after washing, even going as far as popping off the weather strip and wiping it clean also. Dirt and salt gets trapped in there.

From past experience, I immediately installed mud flaps right after purchase for rocker protection. They do a decent job although maybe the flares might be even better but I didn't want to take it that far. I like the clean look of the flaps so they will do.

You mentioned you added dual ex. May I ask if it is an aftermarket system? Cat back? Duals out the back or sides? I've searched but nobody seems to make 'em for the 1500/2500 Reg cabs. Quad cabs only.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:05 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to a mufler shop 6 months after I got the truck, they removed y pipe, added a dynomax ultra flow mufler, 2 in let two out lets, rear ex exits over the rear diff and out behind the right rear tire, I had to install a new 02 senor.

I'm not going to keep this set up..a quad cab ex shoud work..wheal bas4es are the sme on a reg cab and quad cab.

I agree dodge has made awsome strides, Their great trucks.l

Old 05-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a little over 2 years and no warranty issues at all. I am very critical about my vehicals so I am more than impressed so far. This is my 4th new Ram truck.

Quick Reply: 2 years of owner ship...