3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone heard of a Fitch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:34 AM
moparmutt
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone heard of a Fitch?

I was talking to a Ford man out at work. We were talking about fuel mileage. He told me about Fitch fuel catalist. He swears by it. His Dad also runs it in all his cars and his Dad is an old drag racer. It also was on Horsepower TV. The video is on the site.
It's a little high for our truck's about $240, I think.
I think, I'm going to try it. Not right now but in a month or so.
Has anyone heard of it or tried it?

copied from the site
Q. How does the catalyst work? Refineries cannot remove many poorly performing molecules to make a more ideal fuel. In addition, once fuel leaves the refinery or is stored it is subject to attack by oxygen, ozone, and microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, and mold) that grow in the fuel. All these processes degrade the fuel to make a poorer product that prevents engines from performing at optimum levels. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst reformulates fuel prior to combustion on board the vehicle, preventing oxygen and most diseases from attacking the fuel and reversing any degradation that may have occurred prior to the fuel being introduced to the vehicle. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst assists the combustion process by insuring that fuel is highly uniform, potent, consistent, and stable.
Q. What are the benefits to be gained from the use of the Catalyst? Improve fuel economy Improve horespower and torque Reduce emissions Less carbon deposits in engine Saves money Permanently stabilizes fuel Extend engine life Less engine and fuel system maintenance Allows the use of a lower octane fuel w/o sacrificing performance

Old 05-26-2008, 11:37 AM
hemi head
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone heard of a Fitch?

Oh yeah, that product has been around for years.Claims to stabilize the gas,raise octane.I remember readinga testarticle in a snowmobile magazine.They gave it alot of praise.

The only reason i haven't tried it is the cost,but considering the current high price of gas andif it does increase fuel mileage,shouldn't take long to re-coup the cost.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:19 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give it up. If it did any one of those things it claims it'd be on every production vehicle already. It's snake oil, and they know as long as people keep saying "I'll at least give it a try," they'll keep selling them to people who want something for nothing.

Do you really think bacteria and/or mold can (a) grow in gasoline and (b) prevent it from combusting normally? Hell no!

Their product can "reformulate" fuel on the fly? Well damn, all those chemists at the oil companies are idiots!

This product, and every "fuel saving" device is a complete pile of crap. Quit buying on emotion and use some common sense. Sure, plenty of people run them and have had them for years. That doesn't mean they're right! People with the Tornado do get better mileage too. How? There's this thing clogging the intake, reducing power and thus reducing the amount of gas consumed.

The emperor thought he had snazzy clothes too...

Old 05-26-2008, 07:28 PM
kenihemi
All Star

Its most likely garbage.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:57 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

ORIGINAL: John M

Do you really think bacteria and/or mold can (a) grow in gasoline and (b) prevent it from combusting normally? Hell no!
i'm not an advocate of this thing at all, but yes, bacteria and mold can grow in the tank. there have been cases when it was bad enough to plug up the filter, pump, or other fuel system components and shut a car off.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:14 PM
6 hemi ram
Professional

as far as what john m says if it works then every menufacturer would use it, why dont any of them put a k&n filter on any vehicles for instance. just because the ig auto manufacturers dont use something doesnt mean anything. what a retarded thing to say.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:39 AM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bwa ha ha - let's see who's retarded...

Automakers are under extreme pressure to improve gas mileage. You can bet if it'd give the truck .1 mpg improvement, it'd be on there. Hell, there would be two of 'em in case the first one failed. MPG is a prime consideration among automakers and if this jumble of parts made any improvement, the company would have been bought out by an automaker long ago.

Why don't they come with K&N's? Because they're too expensive for doing nearly nothing. The engine meets specs on the paper filter; the cost of a K&N wouldn't be worth it. You aren't going to gain power or mpg by slapping in an oem-style K&N in the stock box.

Why don't they come with shiny intake kits from the factory? Because of noise requirements. People today expect a big v8 to make no noise even at WOT.

Anyway, the Fitch junk makes all kinds of broad, vague claims that can't be quantified in any testing. It "reforulates" the gas on the fly. Other than that, where does it say what it does? Nowhere! It says it makes the fuel burn better, that it prevents bacterial infection, and I'll bet it stays crispy in milk too. It's classic crapware. Buy it if you're that gullible.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:17 PM
moparmutt
Veteran

I didn't want to start anything. I was just curious if anyone on here tried it.

I read somewhere that the Navy and (I think) Army use them. Of course I can't find the link now. But here is a good read.

Quick Reply: Anyone heard of a Fitch?