3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

this took forever...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 04:21 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this took forever...

there was a lot more work involved than just the painting what you can see. took them off, cleaned the living crap out of them. wirewheeled them. coated them like 10 times...used a whole can for two calipers. re assembled...but had to touch up a ton of fingerprints, cause i'm so inpatient. of course, when i took off the fuel line, i had to misplace that ever so important brass washer/seal/compression thing...UGH

nonetheless, it ended the evening with a brake bleed...which is awesome, cause now my truck's brakes are awesome.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:11 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker
Default RE: this took forever...

It look's good! Why did you not go with red?

Old 05-29-2008, 07:31 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: The Peddler

I would agree with you, Red would have looked better....but I'll wager that it was easier to see the yellow then the Red with his 20's

Old 05-29-2008, 12:22 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dupont and Eastwood makes a kick *** self leveling brush on paint. I have down two sets of calipers with them on the vehicle.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Brother Rob
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: derricksmash

there was a lot more work involved than just the painting what you can see. took them off, cleaned the living crap out of them. wirewheeled them. coated them like 10 times...used a whole can for two calipers. re assembled...but had to touch up a ton of fingerprints, cause i'm so inpatient. of course, when i took off the fuel line, i had to misplace that ever so important brass washer/seal/compression thing...UGH

nonetheless, it ended the evening with a brake bleed...which is awesome, cause now my truck's brakes are awesome.
Where did you find gas powered brakes? [sm=joke.gif]How long did this job take you? I was looking into performance brakes, but it's big $$$. This is a project I may have to undertake. My pads are worn, anyway. I need to get in there. Looks great, though. *I get impatient, like that, too.* ButI can't see any fingerprints!

Old 05-29-2008, 01:03 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

yea...you can't see fingerprints because after they were installed, i just wipes them as much as i could, and sprayed the spraypaint into a foam brush. honestly, it would have been smarter for me to just buy the paint-on stuff, not the spray. this way i could have left it on vehicle, and not have to bleed my brakes and ****.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:04 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

ORIGINAL: The Peddler
that's what i was gonna do. but, i photoshopped my truck in photoshop, and yellow actually did look the best..just cause there is so little to see...y'know?

i'm gonna go red with my headers though =)

Quick Reply: this took forever...