3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dealer inventory

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:41 PM
84K5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer inventory

Anybody know if there are any sites that post dealer inventory. I tried the dodge site, but I have to look at each dealer's inventory. I would like to be able to type in the option I want and then it locate the truck at the dealer rather than the dealer trying to sell me a truck with the options I don't want. I brother mentioned that there was one for vettes so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks,
Ray

Old 05-29-2008, 08:50 PM
sos
All Star
Default RE: Dealer inventory

When I looked for my truck, I configured it ("Build Your Own"), then searched at local dealers. You still have to go thru each one, but it gives you a star rating on how closely it meets the one you built... I could immediately dismiss a lot because they weren't the right color or engine, etc... So it really didn't take that long to go through the dealerships.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:08 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

There is your answer, beyond that let "your" dealer do the work. If they find what you want they can trade with the other dealer.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:57 PM
djr04
All Star

If you go to a local dealer, a lot of them have a DealerTrack or equivalent program that shares the inventory list with participating dealers. Could be a faster way to find what you want.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:17 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your putting in the effort to build it on line, Than go all the way and wait three months for your factery order.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:27 PM
sos
All Star

Configuring it online is about a 10 minute process... You have more negotiating power on a vehicle that's sitting on someones lot though. They can't get rid of the ones they have in stock. I knew what I wanted and with just a little searching, I found one that had almost exactly what I wanted. I talked to a dealer I wanted to work with, and they immediately got to work getting into their hands. Three days later I drove it off the lot.

Working with a dealer you want to deal with is a good way too. The dealer I went to told me that besides the one I found, there were 3 more almost identical ones within 100 miles. They have access to all the dealer databases, so they can easily search inventory. If the dealer you go to doesn't want to search other inventory, and keeps trying to sell you one off their lot, find a new dealer.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:40 AM
KrazyBrian
Professional

My dealer shipped mine in from close to 1000 miles away

(So hard to find an 06 1500 std cab longbed with a stick)

Quick Reply: Dealer inventory