3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dim fuel gauge

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:41 PM
mmstar23
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dim fuel gauge

on my dash cluster all the lights are fine and have a solid amount of brightness all the way thorugh, except for my fuel gauge. this just happened today as i noticed my fuel guage was much dimmer than all the other gauges. i disconeected the battery and checked my fuses....just to check if that had to do anything with it, and it did nothing. so my question is what the hell happened and how do i go about fixing this.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:00 PM
northface331
Default RE: dim fuel gauge

I have the same problem. But my dim area of my dash is around my top right of all my gauges.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:15 PM
jstmahoney
Captain

I have the exact same problem mmstar. The fuel gauge is dimmer than everything else, it has been that way for a couple months now, but I just assumed it was a burnt out light. I haven’t really wanted to take the whole panel apart so I just left it alone. I was planning to replace all of them in the instrument panel with LED's. But yeah, I don't know if it is just burnt out, or if there is something else wrong with it.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:15 PM
mmstar23
Champion

thats more strange than mine.....what the hell man. i want my damn fuel guage to be the same brightness as everything else. i dont even know where i would go about to fix it.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:18 PM
mmstar23
Champion

ORIGINAL: jstmahoney

I have the exact same problem mmstar. The fuel gauge is dimmer than everything else, it has been that way for a couple months now, but I just assumed it was a burnt out light. I haven’t really wanted to take the whole panel apart so I just left it alone. I was planning to replace all of them in the instrument panel with LED's. But yeah, I don't know if it is just burnt out, or if there is something else wrong with it.
id like to replace all the lights but it sounds like a lot of work and im not sure if its like a voltage problem or if theres bulbs burnt out. im leaning toward the fact that the bulbs are burnt out, because if it was it would be brighter on one portion of the guage and fade off to dimness...this is a fluid dimness throughout the whole guage....

Old 05-29-2008, 11:19 PM
sos
All Star

You don't want to look at that gauge anyway.

I would check the bulbs - it could be one on its way out. I have no idea how to get at the things though.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:23 PM
mmstar23
Champion

looks like another project to find out this weekend along with wiring up strobes and getting new tires. last i remembered it was hard to get to the actual bulb, but i didnt try hard, so maybe some serious investigation will get me inside the cluster and ill be able to find my problem.

Quick Reply: dim fuel gauge