3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

pacesetter shorties

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:58 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pacesetter shorties

just wondering what the thoughts are on a set of pacesetter short tube headers. I think they are just a bolt on right, without removing cats and getting a different y-pipe? what do you think in terms of torque or low and mid hp gains, or even mpg. how are they for bang for $ as fire as tire-smoking ability goes?
I know many say long tuebs are the way to go, but i want that low down grunt. high end horse really doesn't do much for me.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:29 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: pacesetter shorties

I've just not heard the best things about Pacesetter especially their shorties. I would go with another brand if it was me.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:35 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have yet to see any real dyno's of ANYBODY'S shorty's that have any appreciable gains. Best I've seen is like 3 RWHP, although they say they do help scavenging a good bit.
Pacesetter mids would be a nice way to go. I've not seen any dyno's on them, but if it's anything like their LTs, then they would be a good investment.
I've got access to all kinds of ACTUAL dyno's through my association and proximity to my local performance shop. Of just about every brand LT on the market, the Pacestters easily run in the top 25% and consistently show better HP & Torque gains than many headers costing two to three times as much...
I was set to spend over a grand on Dynatech's but the Pacesetters dyno almost as well and you could just about buy three sets for the same price...

Old 06-02-2008, 03:54 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i figured they wouldn't add anything to peak power, but i was wondering if they do much for the low end. also, i'm finding conflicting information. are their mid lengths bolt ons (stock y pipe and cats)?

Old 06-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, mids require cutting and welding the cats onto the downpipes that come with the headers

Quick Reply: pacesetter shorties