3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Height of your truck AFTER Leveling kit...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:48 PM
RamWood
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Height of your truck AFTER Leveling kit...

so I have ABOUT 2" or 3" Clear from the roof of my truck (including the sirius antenna) I was wondering how high a leveling kit will raise the TOP of my truck? I need to know if I will still be able to get in my garage.

thanks in advance.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:34 PM
bpv
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Height of your truck AFTER Leveling kit...

If you level your truck by adding 2 inches to the front it will not raise the height of your truck at the roof by 2 inches. The change in height at the roof will always be less than the total height added to the front.

I had the same question before I bought my leveling kit because I park my truck underground. I never asked the question and figured I'd just take measurements before and after. Well, when I got my leveling kit I was so excited I forgot about taking the original measurements.

I have an 04 QC SLT 4X4 with standard 20" rims and a Truxxx Leveling Kit and my underground max height is labeled6'4" and I still fit no problem. Not sure if its actually 6'4" but the first time I drove underground after I installed my leveling kit I drove very slowly with my foot on the brake and my head sticking out the window watching the roof of the truck.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:36 PM
bpv
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Height of your truck AFTER Leveling kit...

Not sure if this will help you but the overall height of my truck after installing the leveling kit is 79" (i.e. 6'7"). Perhaps someone can post the overall height of their 04 QC SLT 4X4 with 20" rims to help complete the calculation.

In my previous post I mentioned that my underground max height was labeled 6'4". I used the height clearance sign as my reference and well, I'm 6'4" and that wasn't sitting right with me. I went down and measured the clearance sign where it says 6'4". The actual height of the clearance sign is 83" at one end and 85" at the other (due to slope of concrete). So this is why I said I still fit no problem (84" - 79" still give me 5" clearance). Why does the sign say 6'4" (i.e. 84") you ask? Well that's because there is a fire sprinkler off in a corner somewhere that hangs down at a height of 6'4" and the landlord wants to make sure his butt is covered if someone hits it.

Quick Reply: Height of your truck AFTER Leveling kit...