3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

JASPER DIFFERENTIALS ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 05:05 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JASPER DIFFERENTIALS ????

Does anyone know or have any experience with "JASPER" differentials?

Old 06-05-2008, 07:00 PM
ivaskaj
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JASPER DIFFERENTIALS ????

I don't know about their diffs, but my dad has one of their chevy 4.3s and their 4l60e transmission in his '93 astro van. It's holding up fine. Jasper is a reputable company, with a badass warranty on their stuff. They tend to fix factory shortcommings when they rebuild the parts. Buy with confidence, but beware of auto shops doing the install. They are almost all crooks.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:35 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Thanks for the input...trying to decide if i should go with a Jasper Diff, or a Detroit TrueLoc.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Wanderer
Veteran

My knowledge of Jasper is an oem rebuilder/remanufacturer. Detroit TrueLoc is a manufacturer of gears and differentials. Trueloc has theirloyal following and as stated above, Jasper supplies many independant shops with remanufactured drive line components providing a nation wide warranty.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:51 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

My next question is what's a reasonable price for a Jasper Diff and install? Anyone know?

Old 06-06-2008, 09:47 PM
ivaskaj
Veteran

Assuming the vehicle in your sig, and assuming that you have a 3.92 LSD, the cost from jasper's web site is $2,056. Probably add in another few hundred for installation. http://www.jasperengines.com/find-price.htm That is the price for the whole rear end. Detroit TrueLock is just the LSD unit that goes inside the pumpkin. That is probably what you want, now a whole new rear end. Those are a few hundred, plus a lot more to get installed. Good luck finding a shop to install it. I have had no luck finding a place around here.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:43 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

I have the 3.55 LSD...so i guess you live in the Maryland/DC/VA area also.

ORIGINAL: ivaskaj

Assuming the vehicle in your sig, and assuming that you have a 3.92 LSD, the cost from jasper's web site is $2,056. Probably add in another few hundred for installation. http://www.jasperengines.com/find-price.htm That is the price for the whole rear end. Detroit TrueLock is just the LSD unit that goes inside the pumpkin. That is probably what you want, now a whole new rear end. Those are a few hundred, plus a lot more to get installed. Good luck finding a shop to install it. I have had no luck finding a place around here.

Quick Reply: JASPER DIFFERENTIALS ????